My view on my birthday morning along the Santa Barbara pier. The Sun returned after days of glorious rains, the bright blue sky went on for miles & the ocean breeze filled my lungs. Couldn’t have felt more alive!
Its a lil crazy to think that I’m 40. I oddly haven’t had any trouble swallowing the actual number this year, but it still feels kind of abstract. I can remember as a child when my parents hit their 40’s & I couldn’t imagine being that old & yet now I feel so young.
I’m very excited for this new chapter. There’s been a lot of change swirling about & I can’t wait to see what unfolds! Seems to be lots of goodness…
Since it’s a new year, and the last blog title didn’t fit anymore, I figured it was time to jazz up the new blog, get a new host, a new title & a new style ~ a fresh start for 40!
Twirling Skirts is about enjoying life, being in the moment ~ if you feel like ‘twirling’, then twirl! For me, this year is a year of embracing who I am, without worry of the judgement of others. Come along on the ride as I continue my search for love & discover me in the process
To start this off ~ here’s my TOP 40 for 40
- Wear RED lipstick
- Star gaze (at actual stars in the sky)
- Smile at strangers
- Take a wine class
- Less pants, more dresses
- Be open to possibilities
- Visit Portland
- Laugh daily
- Dance in the rain (probably possible while doing #7)
- See ART, in any form, each month
- Put my toes in the sand more often
- Write more
- Enjoy nature, go for more hikes
- Let miracles happen
- Picnic with friends
- Read a book a month
- Make time for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
- Send out pretty cards for no reason other than I’m thinking of you
- Enjoy good chocolate
- Hug more often
- Talk more, text less
- Date fearlessly
- Take a cooking class
- Get out on a boat, its been way too long!
- Keep my body in motion
- See more live music
- Try learning French (again)
- Believe in love
- Have faith in God’s plan for me
- Enjoy being in my ‘feminine’
- Get out of the country, again its been way too long
- Kiss passionately
- State my needs
- Adopt/rescue a dog
- Attend a retreat (yoga, writing, anything) somewhere tranquil
- Hold hands
- Enjoy delicious things, guilt-free
Let the adventures begin!! xo
Gorgeous blooms out on my hotel patio. Everything felt so clean & fresh after the storm. If even for one night, I had the dream ~ being able to be outdoors while at “home”
Everywhere I walked I saw beauty!
Just brilliant! Art, wine, music…all within block of each other. My kind of hiking!
One of the stops on my ‘trek’, a converted tire shop with the most delicious wines, cool tunes, along with beautiful photos and art on their walls ~ Oreana Winery is a fave